Monday, June 2, 2008

Tues May 13-Wed May 14: The doubt and worrying

On Tuesday morning I woke up feeling totally different than I had on Monday....I felt nothing. Did not feel PG, did not feel like AF was going to start nothing. At first I didn't think anything of it. I knew that many people feel absolutely nothing in early PG and that it can change day to day. But by noontime I just had a really bad feeling. So I did what any infertile person would do...research on Dr. Google and obsessively reading message boards.

It didn't take me long to realize that my progesterone levels were on the low side. My level was 29 one week after ovulation and had fallen to 21 at the first beta. I don't think that is totally bad but it wasn't great. Below 20 is usually considered a bad sign for a PG. At this point I began to worry. Of course, Y thought I was being ridiculous and that I was worrying for nothing. I was really hoping he was right.

On Wednesday I repeated the beta and then waited (for what seemed like an eternity) for the results. I again had no symptoms and felt nothing.

On Monday, the nurse had called at 12:30 with the results. On Wednesday 12:30 came and went and I was getting more and more worried. At 1:30, I lost it at work and began sobbing. I have no idea why but the waiting was killing me and I just knew inside something wasn't right. Finally at 3:30, the nurse called and said that the numbers hadn't increased the way that they would like. My level was 63 and it should have been above 90. But she said that this early, it can take longer to double and that these results mean nothing other than I need to come in for a 3rd beta on Friday. My progesterone was still 21.

Strangely I felt a little better after hearing this. I knew the results weren't great but it felt better just to know something. I tried to be positive and hopeful for Friday.

No comments: