Monday, June 2, 2008

Sat May 10-Mon May 12: The good news!

Remember on Friday I had a bunch of symptoms that could be either AF-related or PG-related (aren't they all??), I had spotting, and I had an inconclusive PG test at 13dpo...

At the advice of most of you and the infertility nurse at my doctors, I bought a digital test on Friday night to use with first morning urine on Saturday morning (the day before mother's day). We were staying at my parent's house on Friday night since Saturday my brother was graduating from college. I had a very vivid dream early Saturday morning that I was taking the test and it was postive. The dream was so vivid that it took me a little while when I woke up to realize I hadn't actually taken the test. So I quietly got up and went to the bathroom and took the test. It didn't take very long for the "Pregnant" to come up. I immediately felt numb--I was a little shocked, a little scared, and a lot dumbstruck as to what to do next. I walked over to my husband's room (yes, we sleep in separate rooms at my parents. not because of any prudish reason just because the beds are so small and uncomfortable that we sleep better this way!). We obviously were both happy but were wondering as to what the spotting meant and what to do next.

Around 10am I called the infertility nurse on call and told her the news. She said to take it easy for the weekend, no lifting and no se.x and to come in first thing Monday morning for a beta (quantitative test of the HCG and progesterone levels in my blood). I followed those orders and the spotting seemed to go away. On Sunday (Mother's day), I went out and bought some PG books (What to Eat When Expecting, Your Pregnancy Week by Week). I felt like it was too early to do that but couldn't stop myself.

On Monday I went in for the beta and felt lots of "symptoms" that day. My boo.bs were really sore, I was tired and crampy but the spotting had stopped. The nurse called later in the afternoon with the good news that my HCG was 47 and my progesterone was 21. She said to come in on Wednesday for another one to make sure the levels were doubling/increasing appropriately.

Now I misheard the nurse when she called and thought she said my levels were 487 not 47. So of course I went to BetaBase and other sites and quickly learned that 487 was a GREAT number! Well above the average for 15-16dpo. I didn't look at average progesterone levels until the next day...

No comments: