Monday, June 16, 2008

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

We are back home from our weekend trip to see the family. We had a very nice weekend. It was jam packed of course and I am exhausted but we accomplished everything we wanted and saw everyone we wanted so that is good.

I was actually amazed at how I felt this weekend. I expected to be emotional seeing our family on the weekend we were going to tell them the news but I didn't really feel that sad. There was one instance, we took my Father out to breakfast for his birthday/Father's day and the waitress came over with 1 scratch ticket (apparently they were giving scratch tickets to all the Dad's). She gave one to my Dad and didn't say anything to Y. A few minutes later she came over with another one, looked at Y and said "You're not a Dad, are you?" He was a little stunned and just stared at her and said "I guess not". That then prompted my Dad and step-Mom to remark about how they are ready any time and if we are waiting for them to be ready, we can start now. (our families are in the dark about all things TTC related). I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me for a second and then we moved on. Y was pretty shaken but in all handled the day very well.

I was very excited to catch up with the blogosphere last night and see so much positive news!! Congratulations to Kelly at All Aboard, Marley at Make me your vessel, Jen at Maybe if you just relax, Andrea at Andrea in Indiana who all got their long-overdue BFPs this weekend. I can't wait to follow along with the adventures of your next 9 months!

Also a belated congratulations to Tarah at Tarahville and Sasha at IVF do you, and Stephanie at Dragonfly wishes who all recently found out they are expecting!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I think holiday weekends are SO hard! I am happy that you came through it okay and in good spirits.

Little Wonders said...

LanY ... Totally agree with pp - I was glad to read that your weekend was okay. I obviously don't know your situation and I'm sure you and DH have made the best possible choice in regards to telling your family about ttc or not. I just wanted to tell you that it's been a huge relief once we finally decided to tell our families. You get stupid comments from strangers or people that don't you know well enough ... and it is so helpful that our families now know to keep their mouths shut (which works most of time, anyways). For what it's worth, I just thought I'd share that with you - but like I said, I don't know your families and you're probably doing the right thing.

Sasha & Mark said...

Thanks for the shoutout on your blog! I hope you will be close behind me!! :) (trinny/Sasha)