Monday, June 2, 2008

Friday May 16-Mon May 19: The bad news

I managed to make it to Friday in good spirits. I had no more "symptoms" but no spotting or anything either. My research was inconclusive and some people had very similar story with good news in the end where others had similar story with an unhappy ending.

Sadly however, my beta results on Friday were pretty conclusive that the PG was going to end. My HCG was 92 and my progesterone had fallen to 15. My doctor said that the miscarriage would likely begin over the weekend (though she was off by quite a bit).

They scheduled a fourth beta on Monday as well as a doctors appointment to check for eptopic. I was very sad on Friday night and Saturday, having moments of sobbing in between just generally feeling numb. Y was good at consoling me during the sobbing moments but was in denial himself. He kept doing all this research and trying to find reasons why the numbers were inconclusive. While I didn't want to take away his optimism, I became annoyed with all the research he was doing. On Sunday, I had very sharp pain on one side of abdomen but no miscarriage or spotting.

On Monday I went for my 4th beta and the HCG had fallen to 83 and my progesterone was 6. I went to the doctor and she checked to make sure it wasn't eptopic (which it wasnt). The exam caused me to start spotting and I thought it was the beginning of the miscarriage but the spotting went away a few hours after my appointment.

I spent the afternoon at home taking a nice hot bath and drinking lots of wine.

No comments: