Sunday, June 8, 2008

Differences in coping

I was at a graduation party for a friend of mine this weekend and a friend of mine from high school, "E", who has been dealing IF since Sept. 2006 was also there. E has severe endo and is currently on 6 months of Lu.pron to try and reduce the endo and therefore cannot try again until September.

A third friend is one of those EXTREMELY fertile people. She has a 3 year old and 10month old identical twins. She commented yesterday that the 3 year old was conceived on the "second try" and the twins on the first try. In reality, she was not trying for either. The 3 year old was conceived on the second time she hooked up with the father.

Anyway, I realized through the course of the party that E copes much differently than I (and many other IFers) do. She could not get enough of the twins and spent the entire party holding/feeding/etc. them. She was not bitter and talked so hopefully about September. She said numerous times that come September everything will be fine and she will have one of her own.

I was so taken by her attitude and the way she copes. Her optimism was impressive especially given all she has been through (I would go as far as to call her naiive about the whole situation but thats just my cynicism coming through). I really hope that this Lu.pron course works for her and she is an IF success story soon!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I just wanted to say that I hope you and your dear friend conceive very soon! I think you are doing great with all you've had to deal with lately. And your friend does have an admirable, optimistic attitude. I'm trying to be more optimistic these days. It's hard, especially when the cynical side of me is so witty...lol