Friday, June 13, 2008

Let the Dad Dance Begin...

Ahhh Father's day weekend is upon us. As others from "broken" families may be able to attest, this means a weekend full of juggling schedules so that we can spend quality time with many different Dads. There's my father-in-law, my father, my step-father, and of course its always "nice" if I can fit in my grandfather as well. Top it all off with the fact that Sunday is my Dad's birthday and you have a really fun weekend!

In all seriousness, it is nice that Y's family and my family live very close to one another because I know for other people this is not the case and you have to choose one family to visit during holidays and we don't have to do that. So our weekend may be very busy but its nice to be able to see everyone.

Of course this Father's Day has some sadness that comes with it. First, Y is not a Father even though he would love nothing more than to be and on Mother's Day we had just found out the good news that I was expecting, which made him excited for his "first" Father's Day. Second, this was the weekend that we were going to tell our families that we were PG so that is a bit sad. I am feeling ok about everything now but am a little worried about how much the "I wanted a grandchild for Father's Day" comments will sting. As long as I don't burst into tears I will consider the weekend a success!

To all the Dad's and wanna-be Dad's, have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's easy to sometimes overlook how hard IF hits our DHs. Father's Day is great time to recognize them and let them know we're there for them, just as they are for us.

Little Wonders said...

LanY, As you might have seen on my blog, my husband had to take our neighbors to the hospital today so she can have her baby. On Father's Day! Mother's and Father's Day totally suck ... but I really hope your Father's Day ended up being better than expected. Love&hugs.