Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Life goes on...

Not much is really new here. We are just in a waiting pattern for the next cycle to come around. I am charting just to see if I by some miracle will ovulate myself or more likely just to see if I can tell when AF is about to arrive. So far nothing but its only Day 14.

In life outside of IF (if there is such a thing)...we are in the middle of this massive landscaping project at our house. We have a half an acre in our backyard but the previous owners only developed a small portion of it and left the rest in its natural state. On the part they developed there was a small area of grass right after our deck and then an area full of crushed rocks and a children's play house. We wanted to make the entire backyard a nice grassy yard. So we rented some heavy equipment over Memorial Day weekend and got busy digging up big rocks and tree stumps and trying to level things out. We also had two dump trucks of dirt dropped in a big pile on the side of our house. Being fools, we thought we could get everything done in one day (i.e., all the rocks/stumps dug up, the lawn graded, and the dirt spread out everywhere. We didn't even come close!! So for the past two weekends, both Saturday and Sunday (and Monday of Memorial Day) we have spent in the backyard doing very gruelling labor. I am so sore and the thought of another weekend makes me want to cry!!

I keep visualizing the nice big green yard with a hammock in between the trees, etc. to try and get me through the hard labor!!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Yes, yes, yes. Think of the hammock! I have a big back yard with grass and three gardens (vegitable, herb, raspberries) and I love to just go out "dig" around. It is very feng sui...cleans my ora :D

M. said...

Hi :) Since my life is consumed by IF, I felt compelled to pop over to your blog and read. Now I'm hooked! Anyway, I have to say the pain of the biopsy subsided pretty quickly, and now I'm in the post-biopsy euphoric state of "maybe they'll figure it out".

Who the heck knows, right? In any case, feel free to e-mail if you want to discuss PCOS. I'm not sure how far you are into the process, but I've been at this for a bit, so I'm more than happy to share what I've learned :)

M. said...

I forgot to say that my RE did the endometrial biopsy because he wanted to see if I have a luteal phase defect-- if I have a progesterone imbalance causing me to have my period sooner than it should be. I'll let you know exactly what they're able to learn :)

Erin said...

the hammock and the green lawn will be a nice reward when all the hard work is done.

working on the house is always a pain.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!