Tuesday, February 10, 2009

December, short and boring

Not much happened in December. It was almost a complete break from TTC as we were just waiting for the next cycle to begin (which wouldnt be until January). We did have the recurrent loss testing done on the 29th but other than them taking a whole lot of blood, that was uneventful.

We survived Christmas. It was a little tough with my sister-in-law having just found out the sex and my cousin introducing her newborn to the family but we survived and it was nice to see our families.

I could not wait until 2008 was over and had a lot of anxiety in the days before New Years as 2009 could not come fast enough. I don't know why I thought that a New Year would bring some sort of closure to the losses in 2008. It didn't.

Oh yeah, one really good thing in December...I got promoted at work!!! It was a big promotion and unexpected as I really hadn't been in the old position long enough but they made an exception because they thought my contributions far exceeded the criteria for promotion. Yay!

3 comments:

Lea said...

Congrats on the promotion! That's great!

I hope 2009 is a much better year for you. I felt the same anxiety about the last of 2008. Really hoping for good things this year.

Meinsideout said...

So glad to hear from you again - congrats on the promotion. Here is to 2009.

Sasha & Mark said...

congrats on the promotion! And making it through the holidays as IF is definitely trying-- I hope 2009 brings you every happiness!