Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So far, so ok?!

I have been meaning to make time to write about how this cycle is going and how I am feeling about things but work is so darn busy!

Today is day 21 and I finally got a positive reading via OPK on day 19. So I should have ovulated either yesterday or today. Needless to say there has been a lot of lovin' in our house these past few days.

I am a little concerned about how late it is in the cycle. I know its not terribly late but I wonder whether the egg quality is affected by the later ovulation. Last cycle I got a positive OPK on day 17 so its only two days later.

On Friday I will go in for bloodwork to test my progesterone levels to see if ovulation actually occurred. I will also start progesterone (vag supplements) on Friday as well. So keep your fingers crossed that Y's sperm are busy violating my egg! (yikes that sounds yucky).

So now the dreaded 2 week wait begins, though with things as busy as they are it should go by quickly.

In other related news, the toll of pregnant coworkers had grown to 14!! I work in a smallish company and this is definitely the highest number of people in this office to be expecting ever. I kid you not there has been less than 14 births in the company probably in the last 5 years total...

No comments: