Monday, July 28, 2008

Self-inflicted insanity for sanity!

In a moment of either complete sanity or insanity depending on how you look at it I begged the doctor to push my beta back...

I just heard from the doctor this morning about the results of my progesterone test on Friday. My levels were 11 which indicates ovulation (yay!) but is MUCH lower than during my last cycle (during which the level was 30). Without having a medical degree myself, my educated guess is that the test was done a lot earlier this time. Last cycle I got a positive OPK on a Saturday and went in for the blood test on the following Friday. This time I got a positive OPK on Monday and went in on Friday. So it was two days "closer" to ovulation. In any case I don't think it matters all that much as I am now on progesterone supplements anyway.

However, if my ovulation was either the day after the positive or two days after the positive then I am thinking I am 5-6 dpo right now. My doctor said to come in on Friday for a beta, which would mean I would be 9-10 dpo. This just seemed to early for my comfort. I know that its possible to get a positive (certainly a positive beta) at 9-10 dpo but given what happened last time I just don't want to worry about low levels and all that. So waiting until Monday will make me feel better with the result but it prolongs the agonizing wait! Hence the self-inflicted insanity for sanity!!

Just to add to the insanity, here is my start of the "symptom" list:

4-5 dpo: Crampy feeling, heartburn (though I have been eating like shite), not sleeping well
5-6 dpo: Crampy, heartburn, still not sleeping well

I have now taken 3 100mg progesterone suppositories. I don't think I am having any side-effects (but for the crampiness mentioned on the symptom list, oh yeah and the itching!!). No sore breasts yet...

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm taking a bunch of progesterone too for my FET, but no symptoms yet for me either. Regardless of when you o'ed, it sounds like you have things covered! Good luck! Keep us posted.

Little Wonders said...

Good for you for having them push the beta back. Best of luck from me, too!