Monday, July 14, 2008

The calm before the storm

My last post feels like forever ago even though it was only a week. Last week was super busy and a bit stressful at work. I have a ton of projects right now and one is about to kick in to super busy mode. I am quite scared actually. Its a really big deal project for me and could make or break whether I get promoted in December. I feel excited about the project but also feel like I am going to crap my pants just thinking about the amount of work to be done/manage. August will be insanely crazy and I will be potentially be 4-8 weeks pregnant (assuming this cycle works)! Yikes.

Cycle-wise things are going along. Today is day 12 and I finished my Clomid on Friday. Today I start peeing on the OPK stick until that beautiful smiley face shows up. Last cycle I would POTS (pee on the stick) first thing in the morning (per my doctors orders) however, after reading lots of helpful posts/info from all of you (and other Nesties) I feel more comfortable with the accuracy by doing it in the afternoon this time around. However, that requires me to POTS at work. I am really bad at literally peeing on the stick and usually have to pee into a receptacle of sorts and then dip the stick. So I brought a J.ello pudding snack to work and I will eat it, clean the cup, and later this afternoon use it to assist with my peeing.

Thanks for the info re: the monitoring. I did not even end up asking for it because work was so busy last week that I never called the doctor to ask for it. I will call her today to ask about the progesterone as I need to get a prescription for that and figure out when to start taking it.

I have been reading everyones' blogs I just haven't had much time for posting. (Thank god for the Black,berry and the morning/evening commute, nice blog reading time!). I did want to send some positive thoughts out to Chell who is growing a city of eggs and dealing with some awful OHSS. I hope your retrieval goes well tomorrow and that everything works out ok with the fluid/sickness.

4 comments:

M. said...

I've got my fingers crossed that your August is completely insane because you're 4-8 weeks pregnant and totally about to get promoted :)

Chelle said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me. It means the world to me. Really. I'll talk more later, (HUG) thank you.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh... peeing in a pudding cup is priceless. Sounds like something I would do. I'd like to see Bill Cosby promote Jello Pudding cups for that purpose. Hope you have a little pudding pop soon....

Sasha & Mark said...

Best of luck with everything. Are you feeling any clomid side-effects? I hope those stay away!!