Monday, March 9, 2009

First o/b appt...check!

I just got back from my first o/b appt with this pregnancy. I have prayed and prayed that I would make it this far and so far so good!

I am 8w1d today. I still have no symptoms, which I totally hate but I am trying my hardest to enjoy it and be thankful. You know its like the grass is always greener. I have no symptoms and so I wish desparately for them but if I was sick all day I would probably wish I wasn't. I did have terrible headaches all weekend. It started on Friday and that headache put me out for the count. I couldn't do anything buy lie in bed. I finally took Tyle.nol at 3:30am and it went away. It came back Saturday afternoon but this time as long as I laid down it would go away.

The appt went well today. It was very quick and I thought the doctor would spend more time talking to me but she didn't. She said that she couldn't see any spots that were bleeding before she did the pap but after she said I was bleeding from where she scraped the cervix and so not to freak out if I had bleeding for the next day or so.

She said everything felt like it was where it was supposed to be (size and softness-wise) for 8weeks so that is reasurring.

The best news is that as soon as I told her I had anxiety she said, lets do another u/s!!! I was so happy! So my next u/s is next Friday!! I will be 9w5days.

My official due date is 10/17!!!

4 comments:

Lea said...

How exciting!!! I'm so glad things are going smoothly. Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes! I know the lack of symptoms would be a little worrysome to me too. Hang in there!

Erin said...

What a great doctor to work and help ease your anxiety. Here's hoping you get just enough morning sickness to make you happy :)

Meinsideout said...

Fantastic - I am so glad to hear the good news!! Hopefully you will have some u/s pics to post!

Sasha & Mark said...

You're doing great! I didn't have many symptoms either. It bothered me too, but everything was just fine. I used a doppler until I started feeling her move regularly!