Friday, August 8, 2008

Thank you! and Update

Thank you VERY much for all your comments and condolences on the bust cycle. The support and advice makes this difficult journey so much more bearable. I have thought a lot over the past few days about whether getting my hopes up during a cycle is a good, bad, necessary, foolish, etc. thing to do. I haven't come to any conclusions of course. It definitely makes the negative outcomes harder but I think for me it makes the cycle as a whole easier. Of course it becomes harder and harder to think positively as times goes on.

I am feeling much better today as I spoke with my doctor and made a plan I am pleased with for this cycle. I am going to increase my Clomid to 100mg and do a monitored cycle. I will go in tomorrow morning for a CD3 ultrasound and bloodwork. Then I will go back on Day 10 and depending on the results every day or every few days after that until ovulation.

The other nice thing is that my OB uses an Infertility Center to do all the monitoring so I will get a chance to preview one of the big reproductive science centers in the area.

So tomorrow is my first date with the famous u/s wand! I will keep you all posted...

1 comment:

Sasha & Mark said...

Yay for monitoring!! Best of luck with this cycle!!