Tuesday, September 9, 2008

IUI #1 here we come...

Well yesterday it became official...cycle 18 was a big fat bust.

So now we will be moving on to IUI. My plan for this cycle is Clomid 100mg with an Ovidrel trigger and a single IUI on ovulation day. I am hoping for a slightly increased response to the 100mgs of Clomid this time as last cycle I only had one egg (which I know is all it takes but I wouldn't mind increasing the odds).

I am pretty sure that CD 1 will be tomorrow as I am feeling very crampy and it feels like I am spotting (though I am on a train so I am not sure about that).

Anyone who has gone through an IUI (or 2 or 6) have any advice??

4 comments:

Little Wonders said...

LanY - I wanted to wish you a happy birthday this weekend but didn't get around to it. Did you have a nice day ... despite your BFN? And best of luck with your upcoming IUI! We decided to go straight to IVF because of DHs issues, so I don't have any advice - but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

M. said...

IUI is NOT bad at all. It's similar to a pap. They use a catheter to introduce the sperm into your uterus. It's actually pretty cool when you think about it-- they place the sperm right where they need to be. And hey, it worked for us! I'm sorry this cycle's over, but I'm hopeful for you for the next one :)

Christina said...

I am hoping with full force that IUI does the trick for you LanY! I know what you mean about increasing the odds..it gets annoying hearing 'it only takes one!' all the time!! For all the hype and work, I want the most bang for my buck!

I use the same trick for everything (all 2 or 3 iuis/2 hsg's etc.) and that is to find a spot on the ceiling and focus on it while breathing. I just works for me...

GL!!! I won't be far behind you for this next cycle!
christina

Chelle said...

We went straight to IVF, so I have no IUI experience... My sister did IUI and it worked on the first try! Good luck!